First Presbyterian Academy at Shannon Forest offers both full day and half day programs for K3 and a full day program for K4 students. Each child receives instruction with sensitivity to developmental stages and is taught by experienced, degreed teachers. Students remain active and engaged throughout the day. In addition to a challenging academic program, students are also nurtured in their social and emotional needs according to a biblical worldview. Classroom management and discipline are viewed through the lens of Scripture.
K3: Music, PE & Art
K4: Music, PE, Art & Spanish
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Full Day 8:10 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Half Day Program 8:10 - 12:30 p.m.
Early Stay available from 7:15 - 7:50 a.m.
Late Stay is available from 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.
All School Early Dismissal - 11:45 a.m.
- Alumni of Shannon Forest Christian School, where I attended K4-12th Grade
- Attended Carson Newman University where I studied Early Childhood Education
- I have been Preschool Director since 2016
Favorite Bible Verse
- Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart & lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him & He will make your path straight”
Vision for Preschool
Here at Crusader Station we strive to provide a developmentally appropriate education for our little preschoolers through a fun and engaging Biblical Worldview. By combining the love of Christ, sound developmentally appropriate teaching, and a Biblical worldview, our school offers our students an optimal learning environment. At Crusader Station our faculty have the opportunity to present curriculum to the children through the eyes of our Creator; meeting each student where they are and providing a safe and engaging environment where each child can develop to their full potential. It is a place where each child is treated with the respect and dignity they deserve, and isn’t fearful of taking risks in their learning. Crusader Station is a place where discipline and grace go hand in hand as children develop their own sense of self and begin to take ownership of their learning, their behavior, and with God’s grace, their faith as well. In addition, we hold true to strong moral and family values, which are critical to the health, education, and overall well-being of a child.
Family & Fun Facts
- All of my children are the second generation to attend this school
- I have three children, two have graduated & one is still attending FPA Shannon Forest Campus
- Something that I love about our school is that it is truly home & the community is one that I am proud to be a part of!