Key Club is an international student-led organization for those in the 9th - 12th Grade that provides its members with opportunities to volunteer and serve, build character, and develop leadership.
The Key Club objectives are:
- To develop initiative and leadership
- To provide experience in living and working together
- To serve the school and community
- To cooperate with the school administration
- To prepare for useful citizenship
- To accept and promote the following ideals:
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than to the material, values of life
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships
- To promote the adoption and application of higher standards in scholarship, sportsmanship, and social contacts
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship
- To provide a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render unselfish service, and to build better communities
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which makes possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill.
At First Presbyterian Academy, Key Club members meet regularly throughout the year to plan various projects, discuss service opportunities, and raise awareness for needs on a local and global level. If you love hands-on service projects and getting to know other people, this club is for you!
Key Club Membership Requirements:
- Be a current 9th - 12th Grade student
- Pay the $30 membership dues
- Earn a minimum of 90 points (approximately 50 hours of service)
- Attend bi-monthly meetings