Admission is open to any student regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin who demonstrates qualities such as, but not limited to, the potential to succeed within First Presbyterian Academy’s rigorous college preparatory curriculum, an appropriate level of social maturity, the desire to partner with the school in fulfilling its Mission/Vision and the ability to satisfy required school standards.
Our admissions process is fairly straight forward and easy to follow. All existing families already enrolled are given the opportunity to re-enroll during our ten-day Priority Enrollment period, which takes place in January. After our Priority Enrollment ends, Open Enrollment begins. All families, regardless of status, are given the opportunity to enroll in the school during Open Enrollment. Our entire enrollment process is found below. If you have any questions, please contact our Admissions Office. They are happy to assist you in any way they can.
Steps to Apply
- Attend Campus Tour
- Submit Application
- Log on to FirstPresAcademy.com/Admissions
- Create an account and complete New Student Application
- Submit Non-Refundable $150 New Student Application Fee
- Submit Required Records
- Birth Certificate (Shannon Forest Campus Only)
- South Carolina Immunization Certificate
- Social Security Card (Shannon Forest Campus Only)
- Custody Decree (if applicable)
- Educational Testing, 504 Plan of IEP (if applicable)
- The following records will be requested directly from your student’s current school: Transcript, Attendance Records, Discipline Reports, Report Card and Standardized Testing Results.
- Schedule Student Shadow Day (1st - 12th Grade only)
- Schedule Academic Testing (if applicable)
- Schedule Parent/Student Interview (Shannon Forest Campus Only)
- FOR JUNIORS AND SENIORS ONLY
- Student Essay
- Student Interview (in addition to family interview)
- Mandatory Shadow Day (unless summer applicant)
- TWO Teacher Recommendation Letters
- All acceptances are tied to academic and behavioral probation periods *Exceptions: Families who have recently moved to the area and/or Homeschooled students intending to enter at the start of their junior year
- FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ONLY
- English Teacher Recommendation Letter (must be from current school year)
- English Language Testing results (provide 1 of the 4 listed below):
- TOEFL Jr.
- Personal Essay
- Copy of passport
All academic records must be translated into English by a certified translator.
Following the completion of our Admissions Process, application information will be presented to the Admissions Committee at which point a decision will be reached regarding your student’s acceptance to First Presbyterian Academy. The Admissions Committee will not evaluate your application for enrollment until all materials have been completed and applicable fees are paid. Note: Any K5 - 12th Grade applicant taught from home may be required to participate in academic screening. Upon acceptance, the applicable Enrollment Fee is due within ten (10) business days to secure your student’s enrollment and is required prior to official course registration.