Our Middle School Program provides a unique bridge from Elementary to High School while recognizing the growing needs of students in today’s world. Middle School teachers are equipped to instruct and guide students in their development of executive functioning skills like organization and note-taking while teaching their disciplines in a manner that incorporates learning differentiation and cognitive development. These are grafted into classroom instruction in a way that does not overwhelm or overburden the student. The program is intentionally designed to educate students in these three very different and distinct grades.
2019 - 2020 Semester 1 Exam Schedule - December 2019
Semester 1 exams will take place from Tuesday, December 17 - Friday, December 20.
10:00-11:30 am 2nd Period Exam
10:00-11:30 am 4th Period Exam
10:00-11:30 am 6th Period Exam
10:00-11:30 am Make-up (in case of medically excused illness)
- All year-long High School classes (including Algebra I Honors and English 1 Honors for 8th Grade students) are required to give semester exams.
- Middle School Courses (with the exception of Related Arts, Language, and PE) will give cumulative exams that cover Quarter 2 only.
- Exams must be given at the scheduled time. Teachers may not schedule exams prior to Tuesday, December 17, or after Friday, December 20.
- The make-up time on Wednesday, December 19, is for students who are absent due to illness ONLY. Please see the school’s attendance policy for additional information.
- Electives will not have semester exams.
- Students are only required to be on campus for scheduled exams. They may come late or leave early if their schedule permits; however, they may not reschedule exams to avoid coming on certain days.
- In the event that your student is on campus during a period when an exam is not scheduled, he/she will remain in the classroom of their scheduled class. For example, if your student has Art during 4th period, he/she will report to the Art Room during the time of the exam. Students will be supervised throughout the duration of the exam time by their regular teacher.
- Arrangements should be made for all students to be picked up at 11:30 a.m. There is no after school care provided on exam days.
Hours of Operation:
- Early Stay available at 7:15 a.m.
- Students may begin entering classrooms at 7:40 a.m.
- School Day:
Full Day 7:55 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Blue Day Dismissal 12:45 p.m.
- All School Early Dismissal - 11:30 a.m.