First Presbyterian Academy’s High School Program provides all students with high quality, College Preparatory, Honors and AP classes taught by experienced, degreed professionals while also addressing those students with learning differences on a case-by-case basis. Classes emphasize content, student engagement and the development of higher-ordered learning skills. Our High School is uniquely designed to produce students who think in the highest of categories but do so with the truth of a Christian worldview serving as the foundation for all of their education. A full-time College Counselor works closely with students and their families as they prepare for college through strategic course scheduling, test preparation, college visits, job shadowing and more. Upon graduation, 100% of our students are accepted to college and enter the next phase of life prepared for academic success, grounded in a biblical worldview and ready to impact the world for Jesus Christ.
2019 - 2020 Semester 1 Exam Schedule - December 2019
Semester 1 exams will take place from Tuesday, December 17 - Friday, December 20.
10:00-11:30 am 2nd Period Exam
10:00-11:30 am 4th Period Exam
10:00-11:30 am 6th Period Exam
10:00-11:30 am Make-up (in case of medically excused illness)
- All year-long High School classes (including Algebra I Honors and English 1 Honors for 8th Grade students) are required to give semester exams.
- Middle School Courses (with the exception of Related Arts, Language, and PE) will give cumulative exams that cover Quarter 2 only.
- Exams must be given at the scheduled time. Teachers may not schedule exams prior to Tuesday, December 17, or after Friday, December 20.
- The make-up time on Wednesday, December 19, is for students who are absent due to illness ONLY. Please see the school’s attendance policy for additional information.
- Electives will not have semester exams.
- Students are only required to be on campus for scheduled exams. They may come late or leave early if their schedule permits; however, they may not reschedule exams to avoid coming on certain days.
- In the event that your student is on campus during a period when an exam is not scheduled, he/she will remain in the classroom of their scheduled class. For example, if your student has Art during 4th period, he/she will report to the Art Room during the time of the exam. Students will be supervised throughout the duration of the exam time by their regular teacher.
- Arrangements should be made for all students to be picked up at 11:30 a.m. There is no after school care provided on exam days.
Hours of Operation:
- Early Stay available at 7:15 a.m.
- Students may begin entering classrooms at 7:40 a.m.
- School Day:
- Full Day 7:55 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Blue Day Dismissal 12:45 p.m.
- All School Early Dismissal - 11:30 a.m.
The Office of College Counseling provides a comprehensive and individualized college counseling experience for every student. We understand that every student is unique with different strengths, talents, goals, and aspirations. Our highly personalized approach allows us to genuinely invest in each student as they navigate their college search. By working closely with each student, we are able to identify colleges that will be a great fit and allow our students to be positioned for success.
IMPORTANT COLLEGE LINKS
Christian College Guide: http://www.christiancollegeguide.net
College Board College Search: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/college-search
College Navigator: http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
Colleges that Change Lives: http://www.ctcl.org/
Common Application: http://www.commonapp.org/
Major and Career Search: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/majors-careers
National Association for College Admission Counseling: http://www.nacacnet.org/Pages/default.aspx
NCAA Eligibility: https://web3.ncaa.org/ecwr3/
FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS LINKS
CSS Profile: http://student.collegeboard.org/css-financial-aid-profile
Database of Scholarship Opportunities: http://www.fastweb.com/
Expected Family Contribution (EFC) Calculator: http://www.finaid.org/calculators/finaidestimate.phtml
Net Price Calculator: http://netpricecalculator.collegeboard.org/
SC Scholarship Opportunities: http://www.che.sc.gov/Students,FamiliesMilitary/PayingForCollege/WhatFinancialHelpIsAvailable/ScholarshipsGrantsforSCResidents.aspx
Watson Brown Foundation: http://watson-brown.org/index.php
STANDARDIZED TESTING LINKS
ACT Test Taking Strategies: http://www.actstudent.org/testprep/
ACT Registration: https://services.actstudent.org/OA_HTML/actibeCAcdLogin.jsp
ACT Test Dates: http://www.actstudent.org/regist/dates.html
College Board SAT Question of the Day: http://sat.collegeboard.org/practice/sat-question-of-the-day
Khan Academy Test Prep: https://www.khanacademy.org
PSAT Results and Tips: https://quickstart.collegeboard.org/posweb/login.jsp?excmpid=CBF1-ST-1-PSATreport
Revolution Test Prep: https://www.revolutionprep.com
SAT Learning Center: http://sat.collegeboard.org/practice
SAT Registration: http://sat.collegeboard.org/register
SAT Test Dates: http://sat.collegeboard.org/register/sat-us-dates
Test Optional Institutions: http://www.fairtest.org/university/optional