Congratulations to all of our hard-working Middle School students who returned from Youth in Government (YIG) with multiple honors and first-hand experiences of government in action. Highlights included:
- Andrew MacMeccan (7th Grade) was elected as Lieutenant Governor to serve in 2020.
- Claire Butcher (8th Grade) received the Rising Star Award - an award given to those who embody the spirit and character of the YMCA and YIG.
- Aiden McConnell (7th Grade) received the Outstanding Statesman Award.
- Claire Butcher and Reese Bryant (8th Grade) served as Committee Chairs this year and presided over some of the committee meetings.
- The bill "An Act to Increase Public School Teachers' Pay" written and presented by Aiden McConnell, Samuel Norman, and Zander Wilk-Ruble was passed by the Governor.
- Seven of our bills passed committee, and of those seven, five of them passed in the first round of chamber. (Those bills did not progress due to time restraints.)
- We also had 8 students, currently in 8th Grade, recognized for attending YIG for three straight years:
- Reese Bryant
- Claire Butcher
- Daniel Henao
- Anderson Mathias
- Hollyn Nelson
- Serrell Niemela
- Samuel Norman
- Zander Wilk-Ruble
Click HERE to view more photos in our online gallery!